How does the search feature work?
- We use your location, your postal/zip code, and your city to find people based on how close they are to you.
Why are my searches expanding?
- If we find a member that might be your perfect match, we want you to know! If you're seeing someone out of your distance filter it's because we want to show you as many results as we can.
How can I prevent my searches from expanding?
- We don't have an option to prevent your searches from expanding from what you set in your search criteria. If you’re currently in a smaller community or have really specific preferences, the matches that we show might be quite a distance away.
How do I only see people in my state/ country?
- We don’t have a way to filter by state or national borders. Instead, we filter by distance only.
How can I only see people from far away?
- Setting your profile to look for people "within a far distance"” includes people who live near you and also far away. We also make sure to only show you people who are interested in folks who live where you do. Because the vast majority of members on POF are looking only for people near them, you’ll likely still mostly see people near your location.
Got questions? We got answers!
- Need more help? You can reach out by simply filling out our contact form.
- If you're contacting our team for any membership or billing related questions, just be sure to email from the registered email on your account (otherwise we can't verify it's you, meaning that we can't share account specific information with you!)
- In addition, you can reach us via live chat support by clicking Support in the lower right-hand corner of this page. We're online between 10am -2pm PST. Wait times can vary based on customer volume, but we'll always be sure you know your position in the queue.