After you’ve started an interesting conversation with another member, you may not be able to find it in your inbox. There are a few reasons they might happen.
- We remove messages older than 30 days to keep your inbox neat and tidy.
- Sometimes we remove conversations and messages if their content goes against our rules or if a match has been busy copy and pasting multiple members.
- That member may no longer be on Plenty of Fish.
On the other hand, you may experience issues sending a message, or getting it read. There are a few reasons why this might be happening, the most common are fairly simply:
- The person you’re interested in may require that a longer first message be sent, so don’t be afraid to say what's on your mind!
- Lots of members upgrade their account, and then update their preferences to only receive messages from other upgraded members.
- You were blocked by the member, and we will not deliver your messages.
- We have automatic spam filters that look for too many messages sent to the same members, or a group of them.
- Another member may have reported your profile, and we’re busy looking into the matter. We usually finish all investigations within 48 hours.