After you’ve started an interesting conversation with another member, you may not be able to find it in your inbox. There are a few reasons they might happen.
- We remove messages older than 30 days to keep your inbox neat and tidy.
- Sometimes we remove conversations and messages if their content goes against our rules or if a match has been busy copy and pasting multiple members.
- That member may no longer be on Plenty of Fish.
On the other hand, you may experience issues sending a message, or getting it read. There are a few reasons why this might be happening, the most common are fairly simply:
- The person you’re interested in may require that a longer first message be sent, so don’t be afraid to say what's on your mind!
- Lots of members upgrade their account, and then update their preferences to only receive messages from other upgraded members.
- If you were blocked by the member we won't deliver your messages.
- We have automatic spam filters that look for things like too many messages sent to the same members, copy and paste messages, or potentially bad content. Try revising your message.
- Another member may have reported your profile, and we’re busy looking into the matter. We usually finish all investigations within 24 hours.
- Quality messages are important. For this reason, you can only initiate contact with 25 NEW people in a 24 hour period. (Or, 55 new people if you're an upgraded member.) Please know there is NO LIMIT to how many overall members you can message in a day, or overall messages that you can send...so for those you're already in contact with, message away! It is only NEW CONTACTS that are limited to 25 per day,