They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but we think it’s worth a thousand dates. Uploading a photo is the best way to catch someone’s attention before captivating them with your personality.
Follow these steps to upload a photo:
- From your profile, select Upload Photo
- You can take a new photo, or add one from your library
- Repeat as much as you’d like! Your account can hold up to 8 photos - or 16 if you’re an upgraded member!
A reminder that whether your image is "Public" (visible to other members) or "Private" (it doesn't appear on your profile, but can be attached to messages), all images are moderated, and must follow our image rules.
Guidelines for Posting a Photo
Good photos can really make your profile stand out, so we strongly encourage you to post several of them. We currently limit you to 8 photos total (including your Primary photo). If you already have 8 photos, and you want to upload a new one, you’ll need to remove one of your old photos first.
We reserve the right to crop or reject photos as needed to keep a clean, attractive, and appropriate atmosphere on the site. Once your photos are approved, they will appear on the site.
There are ground rules we expect you to observe when it comes to the types of images we allow on our platform. Images that contain the following content will result in your account being permanently banned:
- Nudity or sexually explicit imagery
- Drawings, caricatures, or other illustrations
- Copyrighted images
- Identifying information (ie, license plates, email or web addresses, visible street address numbers, etc.)
- Shows of violence, violent gestures, or gruesome imagery
- Depictions of criminal activity or drug use
- Racist or hate imagery
Guidelines for Primary photos:
- Your Primary photo must include a good, unobstructed view of your face that's big enough for potential matches to see you clearly
- There shouldn’t be any other people in the photo
- If a photo was taken from further away and shows more of your body, we’ll make a thumbnail that just shows your face, but don’t worry, the full-size photo is still available on your profile page
- Even if a photo has a clear view of your face, it might still be too small to use as a Primary photo
- Image files must be received in an approved format (jpg, jpeg, bmp, gif, PNG) and should be larger than 100kB and less than 5MB in terms of file size, and no less than 400 x 400 in terms of image size. (Please note, we convert all images to jpg to be viewed by all browsers)
Any other questions about what type of photos we allow? Check out our Community Guidelines.