Your account and profile need to be kept secure. If you’re out there being yourself (which we love), having someone access your account puts your reputation directly at risk. If you’re a subscriber or regularly buy tokens, your credit card becomes vulnerable too.
To keep you and your online life safe, we use 2FA. This means that every time your account is accessed on a new device, you'll need to self-generate an SMS text message to your phone, confirming it’s you logging in.
We take your privacy seriously, and your phone number will be used for safety/security purposes only. You will not receive phone calls or additional text messages from Plenty of Fish.
Requirements for Two-Factor/SMS verification
- You can only verify with a mobile number you own.
- You must be able to receive SMS texts to the mobile number you are trying to verify.
- You must have any call-blocking settings, apps or task killers disabled.
- You must have a working Internet connection through mobile data or Wi-Fi. If you're roaming or have a bad connection, verification may not work. Try opening www.pof.com on your phone's Internet browser to see if you are connected to the Internet.
How to verify
- Enter your phone number:
- Choose your country from the drop down list. This will automatically fill your country code on the left.
- Enter your phone number in the box on the right. Don't put any 0 before your phone number.
- Tap Next to request a code.
- Enter the 6-digit code you receive via SMS. (And NEVER give this number out to someone else.)
If you didn't receive the 6-digit code by SMS
- Wait for the resend SMS timer to expire and try to resend the code.
- Don't guess the code, or you will be locked out for a period of time.
Note: Depending on your carrier, you might receive charges for SMS.
Check out our troubleshooting tips here.