If you’re having trouble finding exactly what you’re looking in our curated lists, you can always Search! All searches can be done based on age, education, and just about anything else you think matters in a relationship. Upgraded members can search for a specific member using their username.
- Go to Search to get the ball rolling.
- Select Refine Search.
- Set all the criteria for your ideal person, before selecting Find My Match (or Go Fishing).
We’ll show you as many results as we can find, but if you’re a little too picky, we might need to reach out to nearby cities or towns to find your match. Upgraded members just need to choose Username at the top to search for a particular member.
How do I only see people in my state/ country?
- At the moment, we don’t have a way to filter by state or national borders. Instead, we filter by distance only.
- We're considering adding an option to filter by state/country, but it is not a currently available feature.
How can I only see people from far away?
- The only way to prevent people near your location from seeing you is to go Incognito and hide your profile. This allows you to only be seen by people whose profiles you’ve liked.
- Setting your profile to look for people "within a far distance"” includes people who live near you and also far away. We also make sure to only show you people who are interested in folks who live where you do. Because the vast majority of members on POF are looking only for people near them, you’ll likely still mostly see people near your location.