When you're on Live! enjoying streams, you're viewing a mix of Plenty of Fish members and members of MeetMe. Though you're more than free to post public messages on a stream (we actually recommend it), private messages are just between Plenty of Fish members.
If it turns out the streamer that tugs your heartstrings is on Plenty of Fish, you can still connect with them over private chat.
- On a stream, favorite the streamer by tapping the Star icon in the top left corner.
- Navigating to your Live profile in the top left corner of the Live homescreen header
- Find that streamer in your Favorites list, by tapping on Favorites
- Tap on that streamer's profile. If you can see the box Say Hi!, go ahead and click on it - it will send a "Hi!" message to the streamer.
If you want to message another viewer on the stream from the stream's chat:
- On a stream, click on their Username in the comments section.
- If you can see the box Say Hi!, go ahead and click that box - it will send a "Hi!" message to the viewer.
If you can't find the message box in their profile, then they're not on Plenty of Fish, and you'll need to find another way to connect.