Millions of people come to Plenty of Fish to find their special person, but what’s behind our algorithm and how can that help you make the most of your dating experience? We’ve come across questions, and we’re here to clear things up!
How can I get more matches?
Want more matches? Easy – just be more active in the app. It might sound obvious, but our algorithm helps people who are actively trying to find their special someone! This works in three main ways:
- Stay in the now: chatting in the moment is the way to go! The algorithm will favor you for being online or having come online recently - this is by far the easiest way to get more attention!
- Get Social: the more you mingle with people, profiles, and the app overall - the more the algorithm gets smarter with your preferences. More interaction means more chances for success!
- Pay to skip the line: becoming a subscriber, or purchasing boosts is a great option to really stand out for those who just want the best chances possible to find that special someone.
Do my preferences affect my matches?
We want you to find your special someone, and that means we really take to heart what you like and don't like. The clearer you are about your dating preferences, the quicker you'll start seeing recommendations that spark your interest.
- Explicit: tell us if you like people nearby or with specific interests, and we'll do our best to find profiles that match as closely as possible. If there aren't exact matches, we'll connect you with profiles pretty close to what you're looking for.
- Implicit: your likes and dislikes are heard loud and clear, helping us show profiles that are aligned with your previous interactions. Whether by showing similar profiles to those you’ve liked or those with a high chance of reciprocal interest, we've got your back!
The algorithm's role is to get you amazing matches, but at the end of the day not everyone is meant for each other, and that’s OK. The more work you put into your profile and messages, the more people are likely to take notice and the more the algorithm will be able to provide great recommendations through the factors mentioned above. At the end of the day it’s a bit of a numbers game: the more you engage, the higher your odds of finding that special someone - you miss every shot you don’t take!