We understand that gender is a big part of who we are, and we want to make sure that everyone is able to express their gender freely in the Plenty of Fish community.
When creating a new account, you can select the gender that you identify as, whether you are a man, woman, cis man, cis woman, trans man, trans woman, or non-binary. You can also choose whether you want this info visible on your profile.
We use the gender you enter as a way to help match you with who you're looking for. If one of our gender options doesn't completely align or you are not wanting to have your gender visible you can turn off gender visibility in your profile. If you are wanting to change your gender, or entered in the incorrect gender, we do not have the option to change it. If this is the case, we can help you close your account so we can create a new one.
On The App:
1) Click on the Profile Icon in the top left
2) Select Edit Profile
3) In the section Basics, look for Gender & Intent and select that
4) Under Gender you'll see the toggle for Show Gender on My Profile
On a Desktop Browser:
1) Go to Edit Profile
2) Scroll until you find Show Gender on Profile (it's under Birthdate)
3) Select Yes or No
- Need more help? You can reach out by simply filling out our contact form.
- If you're contacting our team for any membership or billing related questions, just be sure to email from the registered email on your account (otherwise we can't verify it's you, meaning that we can't share account specific information with you!)
- In addition, you can reach us via live chat support by clicking Support in the lower right-hand corner of this page. We're online between 10am -2pm PST. Wait times can vary based on customer volume, but we'll always be sure you know your position in the queue.