Check below for some tell-tale signs you should immediately* reset your password.
- Getting tons of email notifications in your inbox?
- Seen Messages sent from your account that you didn't write?
- Received an email that your account may be compromised and/or your username/email has been changed?
- Noticed your password is no longer working, and you are being prompted to reset it?
- If you use the same password on several sites or services, then your accounts on all of them have the potential to be taken over if one site has a security breach. Lists including your email address and passwords can be sold to bad actors who will try your password on lots of different sites until they find one that works.
- Practice good password security: use a mix of letters, numbers, capitalization, and symbols. The longer the password is, the better.
- The verification phone number on your account has been changed?
- There has been an upgrade purchased that you didn't make?
- Information such as age, gender, images, and location has been changed?
If you are noticing one or even all the signs above, immediately reset your password on Plenty of Fish and the email you used to verify the account.
You can read more here about keeping your account safe.
I've reset my password but can't log in on my phone.
*Changing an account's password does not automatically log the account out of POF IOS or POF for Android applications.
In order to log the account out of these apps, sign in online and visit Apps in your settings. From there you can revoke access to the application, and the next time the app is launched, a prompt will request that the new password be entered.