If you made a big move, you'll want to update your profile to find matches near you.
Updating your location is also done in the edit profile section under Location - don't forget to update your Country, State, City, AND zip code or postal code! You can update these details on any platform.
Simply go to :
- My Profile
- Click on Edit profile
- And change you Location under "Basics"
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I only see people in my state/ country?
- At the moment, we don’t have a way to filter by state or national borders. Instead, we filter by distance only.
- We're considering adding an option to filter by state/country, but it is not a currently available feature.
How can I only see people from far away?
- The only way to prevent people near your location from seeing you is to go Incognito and hide your profile. This allows you to only be seen by people whose profiles you’ve liked.
- Setting your profile to look for people "within a far distance"” includes people who live near you and also far away. We also make sure to only show you people who are interested in folks who live where you do. Because the vast majority of members on POF are looking only for people near them, you’ll likely still mostly see people near your location.